Find Laurel on Facebook

Enchanted By Sewing The Podcast

Thursday, October 20, 2016

EnchBySew-48:Garment Copycatting

Click on this link in iTunes   to download the 48'th episode of the Enchanted by Sewing Audio Podcast,  produced in October of 2016. Or listen directly on the web by clicking on this link.


This Month’s Show 
TechnicosI'm learning to copycat a favorite knit top, without cutting the garment apart. 

Blog Posts from this Project
Part 1: Getting Started http://meencantacoser.blogspot.com/2016/10/copycat-pattern-work-sleeveless-tee.html

Part 2: Continuing up through Basted Garment http://meencantacoser.blogspot.com/2016/10/copycat-pattern-test-garment-basted.html



~ ~ ~ Other Resources
I have a number of Sewing Pinterest Boards: https://www.pinterest.com/lrshimer/
Errata
I meant to refer to Lynda Maynard, not Lynda Myers!




1 comment:

  1. I did not get these show notes up in time for Barbara's response. She very posted her suggestion to the blog postings for this project in my regular non-show sewing blog. Thanks again Barbara!

    Barbara LaValleOctober 19, 2016 at 9:34 PM
    Hi Laurel! Just listened to your podcast about the pattern copy-chatting, and I want to alert you to a possible problem when you stick your sewing pins into cardboard a lot. In addition to sewing, I knit and crochet a fair number of doilies. Doilies require wet blocking, and for this I lay them out on a piece of foam-core board covered with a towel, and I use my long, stainless steel quilting pins to secure them. At one point I had made several doilies in a short period of time, and then I did some pattern-cutting-out, and was wondering why so many of my pins wouldn't go through the fabric, when it dawned on me that pushing them through the cardboard was probably dulling them. So now I have two pin cushions--one for sewing, and one for blocking doilies and other knitted items.

    ReplyDelete